Colony Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time Medical Director to join our small animal practice located in Newport News, Virginia. We are in the southeast corner of Virginia; close to beaches, mountains, and Washington DC. Our facility accommodates three full-time veterinarians and is equipped with modern diagnostics and technology including: digital radiology, ultrasound, full in-house laboratory equipment, digital dental radiography, video otoscope, and cold laser therapy. In addition to the use of modern equipment, our team is energized and eager to learn modernized advances in technology associated with best practices in veterinary medicine.
Colony is deeply rooted in the community, providing compassionate and elevated patient care to our loyal clients for over 60 years. Additionally, we have maintained our AAHA Accreditation for over 55 years. We offer a multi-dimensional caseload from day to day that will exercise your knowledge and skills. We also serve both pocket pet and exotic pet owners.
Colony Animal Hospital is the perfect practice if you are looking to walk into an already established, loyal clientele. If you are looking to develop as a clinician in a certain area such as surgery, ultrasound, exotic medicine; we are the team for you! We are always looking for ways to increase the specialized procedures we offer. We have a highly skilled team who supports our veterinarians in all facets of patient care and general operations of the clinic. Additionally, as a Veterinarian at Colony Animal Hospital, you will have a voice. You will be considered a part of our leadership team that together strategizes practice goals and works on improving daily operations.
The ideal candidate would be ready to provide leadership, manage our associate veterinarians, and assure regulatory compliance related to the practice of veterinary medicine. We are looking for somebody with the ability to balance patient care as well as mentorship. Further, the Medical Director will also partner with the Practice Manager to ensure outstanding business practices and uphold a high degree of professionalism in the hospital.
- Licensure to practice in Virginia (or ability to obtain)
- DEA license in good standing
- 5+ years of clinical experience
- Ability and willingness to teach and mentor associates
- Fear Free Practices and/or Orthopedic experience is a bonus!
Why Work With Us?
An offer letter from Colony Animal Hospital will include:
- Signing bonus and/or relocation assistance up to $60,000
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with shared premiums
- Practice-sponsored life insurance
- 401(k) eligibility with employer match
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Paid time-off for personal use and to attend CE
- In-house development programs for new graduates, experienced Associates, and Medical Directors
- Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with wellness initiatives
- Paid AVMA PLIT policy coverage
- Reimbursement of all licensure and DEA fees
- Reimbursement of professional membership dues
- Personal pet discounts